The Initial evaluation consists of your weight history, medical history, and recording of your goals and/or expectations to achieve a healthy weight for you. The BMI (Body Mass Index), body fat and muscle mass percentage is also calculated.
Comprehensive blood test includes: glucose (sugar), electrolytes, proteins, good and bad cholesterol, triglycerides, liver function, and kidney function.
Establish your treatment plan and the goals to be accomplished based on your expectations. We will provide recommendations, supplements, nutriceuticals, and medications on your OWC Prescription.
Your OWC Prescription includes:
- Behavior and Life-Style modifications with recommendations to develop new healthy eating habits, and break away from all unhealthy habits.
- One-on-one Nutritional Counseling.
- Physical Activity and Exercise recommendations as chosen by you.
- Balanced Low-Calorie Diet based on the your daily caloric needs and wants.
- Menu samples of 1,200 and 1,500 Calories, to help you in food selection.
- Specific diet chosen by you upon recommendation of your Certified OWC Consultant.
- Daily recording in your journal of the habits accomplished that day, foods consumed, and physical activities.
- Use of supplements and nutriceuticals as recommended by your OWC Consultant.
- Use of medications – if needed- as prescribed by our healthcare professional.
- Optimal Weight Control Support Group meetings.
- Nutrition Education Classes.
In your initial evaluation, you will receive an Optimal Weight Control Book and Journal edited by Dr. Caceres. This is a comprehensive, practical and easy to read book regarding food, diets, physical activity, aerobic exercise and behavior modification with life-style changes. New healthy habits are described in detail, followed by a chapter on how to break all unhealthy eating habits. You are encouraged to use the Journal every day.
Follow up consultations:
Your certified OWC Consultant will provide a detailed review of your progress regarding each aspect of the program including the behavior modification, life-style changes, physical activity and exercise, compliance with your diet and food intake, use of nutriceuticals, prescribed medications, review of your Journal, etc.
Appetite suppressants and medications used in weight management for the short and long term treatment of overweight and obesity are available.
We are able to prescribe any FDA approved medications for weight management, including the current and latest drugs such as Qsymia.
Dr. Caceres and his associates have more than 20 years of experience in prescribing the correct and appropriate medication for you.
Supplements & Nutriceuticals:
In addition to behavior modification, balanced calorie diet, exercise, dietary supplements and nutriceuticals play an important role in your health and weight control.
Indeed, these products derived from food sources are aimed to provide you with extra health benefits, in addition to the basic nutritional value found in foods.
At OWC, we provide protein and meal replacement bars for your convenience. In addition, useful dietary supplements and nutriceuticals for the management of weight control are also available. Please, call us for more information.
Alkaline water is a natural antioxidant that can stop premature aging and improve weight loss. By drinking Alkaline water, you are maintaining a healthy body pH. Thus reducing fat storage by releasing the acidic waste build-up.
Frozen meal recommendations
We still recommend cooking with fresh foods as often as possible, but for days when time is short and energy is low, healthy frozen meals can be a good option.
Consultants will provide a list of “on-the-go” meal recommendations containing information such as calories per serving & where to purchase them.