1. Don’t skip meals. When you get too hungry, you’re less likely to make healthy choices.
2. Never go on a very low calorie diet especially when you’re under a lot if stress.
3. Ideally, you should try to lose no more than 1 to 2 1/2 pounds a week.
4. A short bout of exercise each day is more effective than longer, less frequent periods.
5. To lose weight for good know that you can’t go back to your old eating habits. You’ll need to change your lifestyle.
6. Eating too little can backfire. Never have less than 1,200 calories a day-or you may slow down your metabolism.
7. Don’t grocery shop when you’re hungry. You’re likely to make high-fat , low-nutrient impulse purchases.
8. For a fit and tone figure, dieting alone isn’t enough. You also need to exercise.
9. A slip-up doesn’t have to lead and entire day of overeating. Resolve to make better choices at your next meal.
10. Cut down, not out: Trim portions of food instead of removing the entire categories.